Friday, August 24, 2007

Rain, Car Tire Ratings and Chet In Waikiki

Ok, so I've got car tires on the rust bucket of a car that are well beyond the specified tire ratings for the car. Particularly because they are filled with dollar bills or at least I like to think that and it's a good way to make me not feel so bad about paying $1,413.17 for them. I like to think that they doubled the value of the car since we bought it a few months earlier for $1,500.00.

So one morning I claw my way out of bed after staying up way to late - yikes, walk dog - pant pant pant scratch sniff sniff pant, make coffee - whirr whirr gurgle, shower - shhhhh...you get the idea.

10 minutes later, wife and I are sprinting out the door to the chariot to allow our magic tires transport us to work.

Finally, after driving around in the rain for a little over an hour I pull the car into the parking lot at work. Not to forget the lingering thought I have about "the magic tires actually performing pretty well" and thinking foolishly that "hey at least I have good car tires." Of course using this positive thinking method to drive the thought "you are an idiot to pay that much for car tires" out of my head for good. Not to mention the vision of "Chet in a Speedo walking hand in hand with his wife down the beach in Waikiki."

As I stepped past the car heading to the building with wetness pouring down my face I looked down and saw IT. Yikes like it was right there and I was shocked, no traumatized. I could not believe I was seeing this. I almost started to cry right there on the spot. I was screwed, man o man, just plain screwed.

OK more on that later.

No comments: